Friday, October 22, 2010

Baseball card story from Troy Dovey

Troy Dovey pitched for five years in the Astros and Braves organizations, winning 18 games and striking out 305 batters in 326 innings. Since his baseball career ended, he has had a successful career in the entertainment industry with his independent production company Cruxstar. His credits include editing videos for Nine Inch Nails and Guns N Roses, producing remixes for Jay Z and Tommy Lee, as well as directing, producing and editing numerous small films and commercials. He has also acted in movies like Donnie Brasco and Miami Vice. He kindly shared with me this great baseball card story.

"The most unique card story of myself would be the one I took the night after a big party, I was a little hung over and I decided to put on a lefty glove, the photographer didn't catch onto the joke, so when the card came out, there I was unshaven with a lefty glove on, meanwhile the card reads Troy Dovey - Right Handed Pitcher :) "

Thanks! Unfortunately I couldn't find a picture of that card, but here is a more standard baseball card pose from 1989 Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment