Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Interview with Jack Perconte

Jack Perconte played seven seasons in the major leagues for the Dodgers, Indians, Mariners and White Sox. In 1984 and 1985 he was the regular second baseman for the Mariners. After his retirement, he has become a successful hitting coach and author. Excerpts from his books, a hitting guide called The Making of a Hitter and a guide on positive coaching, Raising an Athlete, can be found on his website, BaseballHittingLessons.com. He kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
Of course, my rookie card where I appear with Fernando and Scioscia is pretty cool, but my faves are any card that I was with Mariners.


- Do you collect baseball cards?
I don't collect - my kids did way back before the big strike of 1994 but then got away from it like many others did at that time.


- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?

There is a Fleer card of me with the Indians that has a short story about a crazy incident I was involved with in the "Did you know" section of the card.


Thanks! I recently posted about that card, and the incident where he and his wife helped bring down a gun-wielding thug.

No comments:

Post a Comment