Monday, October 18, 2010

Interview with Josh Rabe

Josh Rabe played for seven seasons in the Twins organization, playing in the major leagues in 2006 and 2007. Now the head baseball coach at Quincy University, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?

- I believe my Triple A baseball card in 2005 was one of me sac bunting
to 3rd base against Toledo. The funny part of this card is the fact that I sac bunted about once a year and that is the picture that they took of me to put on my baseball card. Of all the pictures they decided to put on the card, that was the one. I got quite of bit of harassment from my teammates.

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?
- My 2001 Quad City RiverBandit card is my favorite. Only because it
was my first baseball card. We should have had a team set in 2000 Elizabethton, but I believe our trainer forgot to turn in our roster to someone on time and it didn't happen.

My favorite 3 cards of all time - The Michael Jordan Upper Deck card when he took batting practice in the old Comiskey. The Bo Jackson black and white, where he had the shoulder pads on, while holding a bat over them. And the Rickey Henderson rookie card, that I found in a set of cards that my Aunt gave me.


- Do you collect baseball cards?
I used to collect baseball cards, but I have not done so in some time.
I collected all of my own, even the ones that were hard to find. I have to thank Pat Neshek for helping me find two of them!!!!

Thanks! Here is a card of him from my collection:

No comments:

Post a Comment