Friday, October 15, 2010

Interview with Lonnie Maclin

Lonnie Maclin played for seven years in the Cardinals organization, reaching the major leagues in 1993. Now a youth baseball instructor in the St. Louis area, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

- Do you have any stories about cards of yourself or of other players?
My story about baseball cards is I was mistaken all the time for other players and no matter who kids thought I was I would sign it anyway. I wouldn't sign my name, I would sign theirs. I've been Ray Lankford, Ozzie, etc.....

- Do you have a favorite card of yourself or of another player?

My favorite card was my fake wall catch card in Louisville!!! I think it was '92.


- Do you collect baseball cards?
I do not and never will collect cards!!!!!

Thanks!

Well, that was emphatic! No cards for Lonnie Maclin. And I guess you better look at your Ray Lankford and Ozzie Smith autographs a little more closely...

No comments:

Post a Comment