Sunday, October 24, 2010

John Sneed on baseball cards

John Sneed pitched in the Blue Jays, Phillies and Twins organizations from 1997 to 2002. He went 52-28 with 735 strikeouts in 717 innings. He kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"It was a great honor to have a card done of myself. I was a huge baseball collector as a kid so finally getting my own card was unbelievable. I don't think I really appreciated at the actual time of the photo shoot, but now having a son who's 3yrs old and knowing one day (hopefully) he'll be into collecting cards himself I fully understand...what a cool thing. As far as favorite cards of myself...I really think the Topps Tek Series are really cool looking. I still have all my childhood cards, but I really haven't bought any new cards other than myself off of Ebay. Isn't that crazy...I actually pay for my cards now off of Ebay??? I've got to keep the market alive right?"

Thanks! I don't have that card, but here is one I do have, from 2000 Bowman.

1 comment:

  1. That's hilarious that he buys his own cards! Gotta get them some way I guess, and that's better than most other methods!

    ReplyDelete