Friday, October 1, 2010

Noah Lowry on baseball cards

Noah Lowry pitched for the San Francisco Giants from 2003 to 2007. His best season was 2007, when he was 14-8 with a 3.92 ERA before his season ended with injuries that have kept him out of the major leagues the last three years. Currently rehabbing as he prepares to come back in 2011, he kindly shared with me his thoughts on baseball cards.

"Do I have a favorite card of myself, well, I would say my very first card ever made would probably be my favorite. I think every kid playing baseball growing up dreams of being on one of those cards. For me it was an Upper Deck card made my rookie year. Pretty kick "A" the first time you see your mug on one of those things.

Do I collect cards...Not anymore, I did when I was a little kid and still have them all tucked away somewhere. We use to love riding our bikes up into town to get cards anytime we had some spare coin. Good old memories."

Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I just came across a Noah Lowry card and wondered what happened to him.

    Very cool!

    ReplyDelete