Saturday, August 13, 2011

Baseball card story from Tom Allison

Tom Allison played five seasons in the Mets organization, including two years at the AAA level. Now a regional cross-checker for the Boston Red Sox, he kindly answered my questions about baseball cards.

"No interesting stories about my cards. Pretty simple and plain are most of them. I don't collect personally, but enjoy looking through cards.

When I was younger we would play wiffle ball in the back yard with friends; we would make out our line-up (mine was always the Reds) on a little board we had with nine slots where we put the player's baseball card. It was made by my next door neighbor who also made us a chicken-wire backstop to keep the balls from going into his yard! Pretty cool wiffle-ball field for the late 70's."

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment